Want to try out nail and string art but not sure where to begin? Well, begin right here!
Our series of short string art tutorial videos is a great place to get an understanding of the basic concepts of string art. We will cover:
- The contents of your Craft Addict string art kit box and why every component (including the box!) is so helpful.
- How to properly insert your nails (no hammering required!) to our pre-drilled boards.
- Tying your first knot to begin your string art project.
- How to create an appealing and consistent application of string without using any string patterns.
- How to create a basic spiral with string.
- How to use the spiral string concept to create a narrow band of color around the outer edge of a space.
- How to use the spiral string concept to create a wide band of color around the outer edge of a space.
- How to think about and plan your string art project as a whole.
- An overview of the different types of edge lines you can create around a space with string.
- How to create a single outer edge line of string.
- How to create an inner edge line of string and achieve the double edge line look.
- How to create the figure-8 / crisscross edge line.
- How to create a thick edge line by combining the outer edge line, inner edge line, and the figure-8 / crisscross edge line together.
What we will not cover in this introductory guide to string art:
- Creating a string art nail pattern - we make string art easy by doing this difficult step for you!
- Finishing your wood/MDF board - we offer finished wood boards and painted MDF boards to make your life easy, so we will save the complexities of different finishing techniques for a more advanced class.
- Hammering your nails into a board following a string art pattern - since we pre-drill our string art wood to make your life easy, we don't need to go over this difficult and time-consuming process!